What’s changed in our industry in the last two years? Are you kidding? Like everything.
I don’t know where to start. Ok. Here’s my list of the ten biggest changes, in order of importance. What’s yours?
- Natural gas prices peaking and they’re not going anywhere.
- A lot of the workforce isn’t going anywhere either, working mostly at home.
- The drive to decarbonize has accelerated.
- The drive to diversify the workforce and suppliers has accelerated.
- Under a new presidential administration, there’s major money for everything energy.
- The temperature is rising as are concerns to maintain resilience amid climate changes.
- Innovation off the charts in nuclear, storage, transmission, offshore wind, you name it.
- As coal plants close, some activists putting pressure to abandon natural gas too.
- Supply chain blues; deliveries from offshore flowing like molasses.
- More cars changing the channel from the gas station to the charge station.