PUF is excited about the Fortnightly Top Innovators 2021, because their stories are inspiring and uplifting. It's what we all need after a most trying and unusual pandemic time in our lives. It's about looking to the future and making it better.
All the nominations are fascinating, and here we profile in depth six that are representative of this amazing 2021 class of innovators. Arizona Public Service starts off with a targeted fast-track emergency air conditioning program. The California Public Utilities Commission showcases the role microgrids can play for grid resiliency. CenterPoint Energy innovates by finding ways during Winter Storm Uri to automate manual processes for load rotation among customers. PPL becomes the first company to successfully use dynamic line rating technology to address congestion and market efficiency issues. The Southern California Gas RD&D program focuses on technological innovation to decarbonize the natural gas value chain. Xcel Energy addresses customer barriers to electric vehicle adoption and build out of infrastructure with a comprehensive solution in Colorado.
- Arizona Public Service’s Miguel Bravo, Jim Holbrook, Christine Helmuth
- California Public Utilities Commission’s Commissioner Genevieve Shiroma, Leuwam Tesfai and Forest Kaser
- CenterPoint Energy’s Eric Easton and David Mercado
- PPL’s Horst Lehmann and Eric Rosenberger
- Southern California Gas’ Eric Coene, Matt Gregori and Ron Kent
- Xcel Energy’s Nadia El Mallakh
- Top Innovators: 2021 Individuals and Teams